Thursday, November 27, 2014

Gratitude


11/27/14

Today in the United States, we celebrate Thanksgiving, a day when we feast and have fun with family and friends. I am also thinking about all the things I have to be grateful for.

My loving and wonderful husband Bob tops the list. I am so lucky to have him by my side, sharing this amazing life. Each day I am thankful for the gorgeous home we have in this paradise called Sarasota. Sunny warm days are now the norm and I get to hang out with all kinds of new critters and tropical birds. We really scored!
 
I am grateful for my friends all over the world who have been a supportive and caring presence in my life for 1 month to over 50 years. I also adore the new spiritual community that I found here in Florida and the many new friendships that are blooming in that group.

I am so lucky that my parents are still healthy, strong and active and that I enjoy a close relationship with my sister, brother and extended family members. We don’t see each other often but the bond remains.

I am grateful for my clients and students and colleagues – all the people that I interact with doing my work. It is amazing to be part of such a large community of animal lovers. I am also so humbled and happy that I have been able to serve animals and their people for over 18 years as a communicator and teacher.

My gratitude knows no bounds for Granny and the other whales and dolphins who have taught me so much over
the last 25 years. Our planet would not be so vibrant and alive without their energy and grace. Hopefully humans will soon follow their example of loving kindness.

I so appreciate the incredible standard of living we have in this country. We traveled in four countries in Africa last month and visited a village and school where they have NO water or electricity. Billions of people still live without these things that we so readily take for granted.

I could go on and on about all the personal things that I am grateful for and all the blessings I have in my life, but I just wanted to start you thinking about your life and what you’re grateful for. Aren’t we lucky to be able celebrate Thanksgiving in 2014?