Thursday, October 24, 2013

Theme of the week - Cat pee


October 24, 2013

Sometimes I’ll have a week or two, when I get a lot of the same consultations. Maybe it’s the same type of animal like golden retrievers, or it could be the same issue that keeps coming up over and over again.

The last two weeks I have had an unusually high number of cat clients that are soiling the house. What’s up kitties? And it’s not just me – I’ve heard the same thing from others in the animal healing/care business.

There are many reasons for this unwelcome behavior: physical problems or illness, territorial squabbles, stress, de-clawing, litter dissatisfaction, and even spirits in the house. Lately I’ve had many cats that are having territory issues and fighting among themselves. Other types of stress are also creating this behavior.

When I see a pattern like this, I stop to question it. Nothing is a coincidence, so I try to see if there is a common factor. We had a full moon last week and a penumbral eclipse. The movement of the stars and planets often affect sensitive beings and cats are VERY sensitive. We are also coming into the time of year where the veils between the realms are the thinnest – Halloween. Could this be making cats on edge?

Another possibility is that it’s a message for me. Where am I feeling stressed in my life? Have I been pissing (metaphorically) around my house?

I don’t have an answer for this recent trend, but I wanted you to know that if you have this issue in your life right now – you’re not alone. Maybe it’s time to pull out the Rescue Remedy or do a little emotional release work on your cats, or your self. You might be able to change the energy before it’s too late.