Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Humpback wisdom

November 11, 2015

You know I love all cetaceans, but I have a special fondness for humpback whales. These beauties are very acrobatic, often breaching and jumping high out of the water. They put on a spectacular show!

I spent the winter of 1993 leading humpback whale-watching trips in Maui. It was so special to spend every day on the water observing these gentle giants during the calving season. At that time, the males are also singing, so the water was filled with outrageous songs.

Humpback numbers were greatly reduced worldwide by whaling. Since 2000, humpbacks have been moving back into Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands. I only remember seeing one during the previous decade when I was leading whale-watching trips there. Now it is common to have several humpbacks around throughout the whole summer and even south of Seattle. The population is rebounding and the whales are moving back into their old territories.

Spending time with humpbacks is an awesome experience. In 2006, I took a group to swim with humpbacks in Tonga. In January 2017, I will take a lucky group to swim with them at the Silver Bank, near the Dominican Republic in the Caribbean. These are the only two places in the world where it is legal to swim with these giants. Very few people get to do this as it is highly regulated and only a few boats are given permits to take people into the water. They book far in advance as well.

Can you imagine floating in the water with a 45-foot long whale, or looking into the eye of a newborn calf? We will also get to observe males chasing and competing for females, but we do that from the boat – not in the water.

Whales have an enlightened consciousness and spending time with them changes you on a deep level. If you are ready to shift and raise your vibration, consider joining me to swim with the humpbacks January 21-28, 2017. You’ll find all the details here – http://www.ajourneyofdiscovery.com/Whaletrip.html. This trip is already half full, so register soon to ensure your spot.

During my Expanding your Consciousness with Whales and Dolphins Teleclass last week, we merged with humpback consciousness. It was a powerful experience and one of the participants got this important message from the whale – “Spend your days projecting love to everyone and everything you encounter. This is what we do.”

I can’t wait to spend a week in this sea of love that the humpbacks create, and I have already started spreading my own wherever I go. Maybe you will too. Blessings.